OpenNI/NITE Installer for OSX

maxOh_

Mar 5, 2011, 12:33:50 PM3/5/11
to simple-openni-dev
I made a little installer for osx(on windows the installation is a bit
more easy), just a script which copies the dylibs into the right
folder etc., seams to work, but i'm curious if this works on other mac
as well.
Download:
http://code.google.com/p/simple-openni/downloads/detail?name=OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

How to install:

1. Unzip the file 'OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX.zip'
2. Go into the folder 'OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX'
> cd ./OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX
3. Start the installer
> sudo ./install.sh

maxOh_

Mar 5, 2011, 12:52:15 PM3/5/11
to simple-openni-dev
I forgot to mention, that i also tried to make an installation that is
based only on 1 folder, the ../Processing/libraries/SimpleOpenNI/..
This worked, but i had to change quite a lot:
- changed the dynlib path references in the dynlibs with
'install_name_tool -change' to the local directory
- i also had to change the sourcecode of OpenNI:
OpenNI/Source/OpenNI/XnModuleLoader.cpp , line 103
nRetVal = xnOSStrCopy(strFileName, "/var/lib/ni/modules.xml",
nBufSize);
this line sets a fixed path to a resource file. I couldn't find
another solution than change the source code. With this changes it
worked,
but that's quite a hack, so i went for the installer script solution.

maxOh_

Mar 7, 2011, 6:06:15 AM3/7/11
to simple-openni-dev
hi dan,

i just uploaded a new version of the installer:
http://code.google.com/p/simple-openni/downloads/detail?name=OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX-0.13.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges
This works, before there were some problems, because some people
didn't have a this folder '/opt/local/lib '(from macports). Now the
installer creates this folder and it seams to work. Did you had the
change to test it ?