Access to Navigation items from ApplicationController? v3.9.0

mchava...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 4:28:35 PM9/2/13
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Quick question: is there a way to access the Navigation items from the Application controller? We need the data structure for the primary navigation and its children. Something like SimpleNavigation.getItems.

Loving the gem, very useful. Thank you!

mc

mchava...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 4:31:49 PM9/2/13
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com, mchava...@gmail.com
To Clarify: I'm trying to get the exact n-level hash that is defined in the navigation.rb file, or something close to it. Not an HTML render of it.

Best,

mc

Andi Schacke

Sep 4, 2013, 4:58:25 PM9/4/13
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com
Did you check out the json renderer? It can also output hashes… Maybe it helps.