undefined local variable or method `pages_menu' for #<#<Class:0xb506c3f8>:0xb50812bc>

Shantanu Banerjee

Feb 24, 2014, 2:35:20 PM2/24/14
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com
I am following http://www.brazenbraden.com/1/post/2013/07/dynamic-menu-for-your-rails-web-project.html tutorial. But i am getting this error

undefined local variable or method `pages_menu' for #<#<Class:0xb506c3f8>:0xb50812bc>

Extracted source (around line #12):

9
10
11
12
13
14
15

<%= render_navigation(expand_all: true) %>
Your content here

Rails.root: /opt/projects/workspace/RailsExample

Can anyone tell me what is the problem

Andi Schacke

Feb 25, 2014, 8:30:04 AM2/25/14
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Try posting a comment on the blog that you mentioned, this seems to be an application specific issue unrelated to simple-navigation.

Cheers
Andi

brucex

Oct 28, 2014, 5:12:52 PM10/28/14
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issues. Not sure what the problem is. addded the gem in the Gemfile, configured navigation.rb, and calling it from the view through haml using "= render_navigation" but it's not finding the method/class. I even required 'simple-navigation' in my app controller. Any help is appreicated.

bruc...@autotrader.com

Oct 28, 2014, 5:18:10 PM10/28/14
to simple-n...@googlegroups.com, bruc...@autotrader.com
attaching sample app