ScriptError: TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting '0')

Zachary Sweis

Nov 20, 2023, 2:11:36 PM11/20/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi there,

I've trained my gradient boosted model on a sheet with 14k examples. The model works well and has no problem predicting the categorical labels on this same dataset. However, when I add an additional tab with the exact same data format and similar data, then try to predict values, it gives me the error in the subject heading.

Specifically this is the output:
"Downloading model
Collecting examples
Generating predictions
Updating sheet
The task failed
ScriptError: TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting '0')
Check support for help. If you think this is a bug, please report it."

It seems like perhaps the script is trying to collect more values than are available?  The set I'm trying to predict only has ~100 rows. I'm not sure how to interpret this error and it doesn't seem like anyone in this group has encountered it based on previous emails.

- Zachary

Zachary Sweis

Dec 12, 2023, 6:06:35 PM12/12/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
I realize I did not include the extended logs, which might help.

[INFO 23-12-12 23:03:08.3940 UTC vertical_dataset_io.cc:59] 100 examples scanned.
[INFO 23-12-12 23:03:08.3970 UTC vertical_dataset_io.cc:70] 170 examples read. Memory: usage:0MB allocated:0MB. 0 (0%) examples have been skipped.
[INFO 23-12-12 23:03:08.3980 UTC addon_lib.cc:258] 0/170 predictions computed.

These extended logs accompany the error I shared in the previous email.

Richard Stotz

Dec 20, 2023, 8:09:32 AM12/20/23
to Zachary Sweis, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi,
I just released Version 0.4.9 of Simple ML for Sheets. Can you please check if the issue persists?

Best,
Richard

Zachary Sweis

Dec 21, 2023, 1:29:03 PM12/21/23
to Richard Stotz, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Thank you! Seems to be working so far, I just ran it on 2k rows and it had no problems. I'm using it daily until I can get permissions/access to move over to python so I will let you know if I run into any issues.

Zachary Sweis

Dec 21, 2023, 1:36:01 PM12/21/23
to Richard Stotz, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
One question I have, is it possible to execute the extension via appscript or api? I'd love to find a way to automate the prediction of values.

User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)

Dec 22, 2023, 3:48:00 PM12/22/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
We've experimented with that, but there are some limitations that make this hard on the technical side, so there's not a solution readily available - I'll keep you posted once we have something.