Can I train a model using multiple tabs?

Justin Varnes

Aug 4, 2023, 10:18:50 AM8/4/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
I have a large data set that is broken up into 18 different tabs (each data set is a weekly tally and there are 18 weeks, so 18 tabs 'wk1'-'wk18')

I'm trying to use each week's data to predict Wk 19's data.

I need to train a model using all the data in those weeks. The data needs to be separated into weeks, so combining all the data into one huge tab would only work if the model can account for each week.

Is this possible using SimpleML? All the examples I've seen are for a handful for columns in one tab.

Thanks!

Luiz Gustavo Martins

Aug 8, 2023, 6:14:12 AM8/8/23
to Justin Varnes, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
HI Justin, thanks for trying out Simple ML for Sheets

Unfortunately, as of today, all the data has be on a single tab

about joining the tabs and if the model can account for each week, it's hard to answer without knowing the data. I'd suggest trying with a smaller dataset to see if it works for you first before moving all the data.

hope it helps

cheers

    Gus