ScriptError: Exceeded maximum execution time

Benjamin Hill

Aug 24, 2023, 5:53:38 PM8/24/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
I've got a not-huge sheet of ~20 cols and ~13k rows.  Sometimes I get answers, other times I get "ScriptError: Exceeded maximum execution time"

Is there any way to increase the timeout?

Luiz Gustavo Martins

Aug 25, 2023, 8:52:08 AM8/25/23
to Benjamin Hill, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Benjamin, thanks for using Simple ML for Sheets

about your data, is there any text heavy column? (with a lot's of text per cell)

cheers

   Gus

On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 10:53 PM Benjamin Hill <benjam...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've got a not-huge sheet of ~20 cols and ~13k rows.  Sometimes I get answers, other times I get "ScriptError: Exceeded maximum execution time"

Is there any way to increase the timeout?

Benjamin Hill

Aug 25, 2023, 10:40:03 AM8/25/23
to Luiz Gustavo Martins, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Nope! The longest is a first+last name.

richar...@google.com

Aug 25, 2023, 11:00:36 AM8/25/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Benjamin,
thank you for reporting this. This looks like a bug, we're working on avoiding this timeout.

Best,
Richard

richar...@google.com

Aug 29, 2023, 6:37:24 AM8/29/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Benjamin,

We just rolled out Simple ML for Sheets 0.4.7 to all users which should have much faster dataset loading - on my test sheet, it improved from multiple minutes to ~6 seconds for 13k rows and 20 features.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Best,
Richard

Benjamin Hill

Aug 29, 2023, 5:17:44 PM8/29/23
to richar...@google.com, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
HUGE speed up, thank you!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simple-ml-for-sheets-users/b72c43be-dc11-491e-98fb-652f6e6b2387n%40googlegroups.com.