Time series forecasting & TFJS-DF

Dennis Pickert

Dec 9, 2022, 3:53:14 AM12/9/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hello Group,

wow, very valuable! I was wondering if there's already a TFJS-DF API (like TF-DF), or in planing? I couldn't find them in the current TFJS Api version (4.0.0).

Further, I'm curious if there is currently a timeline/motivation for implementing time-series forecasting (Uni-, Multivariant) e.g. via RNN/LSTM models?

Looking forward,
Dennis

User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)

Dec 9, 2022, 8:57:36 AM12/9/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Dennis

thanks for trying Simple ML!

And yes, we are looking into improving the integration with TFJS and we are also looking into adding new functionalities to Simple ML. Forecasting has been a common request and we are looking carefully into it!

please keep the feedback coming!

   Gus

Jan Pfeifer

Dec 12, 2022, 4:05:24 AM12/12/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Just to add to that, TFJS & TF-DF integration is planned, we'll keep you posted.

As a transient solution, notice that form the Google Spreadsheets (if you are not using TF-DF in Tensorflow directly) you can export your model, and then serve it in Javascript/WASM directly -- but we agree TFJS integration is going to be the better path.

cheers

Dennis Pickert

Dec 12, 2022, 5:40:27 AM12/12/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Great news. Thank you for the information.

experimenting,
Dennis

Siqi Liu

Dec 14, 2022, 2:02:32 AM12/14/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
+1 to time series forecasting