Calling the model functions from within appscript

Ben Sidebottom

Mar 20, 2023, 9:44:25 AM3/20/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hey all,

Firstly, great tool and so simple to use, really handy!

Is there a way, or in the pipeline, to be able to call the model functions (like Predict) from within an Appscript in a sheet? I am thinking of the situation where you have a tool that downloads the latest data from Google analytics or Google ads, then calling the Predict function on the latest data. At the moment, we need to download the data, then run the prediction separately (which is fine, but be good to add a one click process to this).

Hope to see more improvements soon!

Many thanks,

Ben

Luiz Gustavo Martins

Mar 20, 2023, 9:53:39 AM3/20/23
to Ben Sidebottom, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Ben,

Thanks for using Simple ML for Sheets and for the feedback!

Having a way to access the model as a function or from appscript is a great idea!

I've plussed one the feature on our internal backlog to increase its priority

Thanks again and keep sending your feedback! It's very important to us!

cheers

     Gus

Ben Sidebottom

Mar 20, 2023, 10:01:55 AM3/20/23
to Luiz Gustavo Martins, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to the next round of features :)

Ben
--

Ben Sidebottom

Customer Solutions Engineer

bside...@google.com

+44 (0)7811 399 140

Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1 9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the sender know it went to the wrong person. Thanks.

Sébastien KNOLL

Oct 19, 2023, 5:38:55 AM10/19/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi everyone

I would also be very interested to launch learnings end predictions from an appscript.
do you have some update on that feature ?

thanks a lot !!

Sebastien

richar...@google.com

Oct 20, 2023, 11:32:15 AM10/20/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Sebastien,

we don't have an update on AppsScript specifically, but I'd be interested in learning more about your use case, i.e. what exactly are you trying to achieve. Feel free to share details either here or non-public with our team at decision-for...@google.com

Best,
Richard

Sébastien KNOLL

Oct 20, 2023, 12:11:14 PM10/20/23
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Richard

thanks for your answer

my use case is quite simple in fact :
- my dataset is evolving with time, so I would like to schedule new learnings automatically so my model remain up to date with the latest data I have
- thanks to this updated model I want also trigger updated predictions on my prediction dataset.
app script with all the scripting and triggering possibilities would be a simple way to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Best,
Sebastien