What input column adds the most to the outcome

Maarten van den Bos

Mar 14, 2024, 4:23:25 AMMar 14
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi there :-).

I am working with predicting missing values. Is there a way to get feedback on what input column adds the most to the predicted outcome?
For example if in the input is a column that doesn't correlate with the predicted outcome, I would like to know :-).

Thanks!

richar...@google.com

Mar 14, 2024, 1:10:34 PMMar 14
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Marten,

you can do this with the advanced task "Understand a model". In the report, choose the tab "Variable Importances" to see different measures of how much the input features matter to the model. Note that none of these measures are perfect and the different measures may seem contradictory. In general, INV_MEAN_MIN_DEPTH is a reasonable metric to look at. If you select "Include sheet data" on the task, you will see additional metrics such as MEAN_DECREASE_IN_ACCURACY, which show how removing a certain feature would influence the model.

Best,
Richard

richar...@google.com

Mar 14, 2024, 1:11:27 PMMar 14
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi Maarten, apologies for the typo, in your first name in my previous message :-(