Generate a function to predict from a model?

Bill Wood

Dec 13, 2022, 1:38:20 PM12/13/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Is there a way to generate a function, say in Javascript, that will make a prediction from the inputs?  Without external dependencies?

Bill Wood

Dec 13, 2022, 1:47:37 PM12/13/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Alternatively, is there a way to predict one of the inputs given the other inputs and the prediction from the model?

For example, given x, y, z we predict w.  Now how can we predict x given y, z, and w - without retraining?

Carlos Sutrun

Dec 15, 2022, 7:05:22 AM12/15/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
+1 to the question

Frédéric VINCENT

Dec 23, 2022, 3:20:53 AM12/23/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
An API would be useful to launch a prediction from a google script...

Luiz Gustavo Martins

Jan 3, 2023, 9:06:12 AM1/3/23
to Frédéric VINCENT, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great feedback and for this feature request (accessing a model from a function)!
we've added to the prioritization queue!

Replying for Bill specifically:
>> Alternatively, is there a way to predict one of the inputs given the other inputs and the prediction from the model?

>> For example, given x, y, z we predict w.  Now how can we predict x given y, z, and w - without retraining?

For this you'll need a different model for each variable you want to predict

Thanks

     Gus