Not getting confidence value while predicting missing values

Soumya Sahu

Dec 20, 2022, 9:58:55 AM12/20/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi All,

I am following the tutorial and trying the same with a custom dataset to predict missing values. But when I run the prediction, I am not getting the confidence values column. I am only getting the prediction values column.

I checked the settings and kept it same like the example sheet given in the tutorial.

Learning algorithm: Gradient boosted trees
Result>Amount of details : Value + confidence

Can someone please highlight, what am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 8.27.59 PM.png

User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)

Dec 20, 2022, 2:05:56 PM12/20/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
Hi,

Thanks for using Simple ML!

The missing confidence is because Simple ML is trying to do a regression task and for those we are not showing a confidence when Predicting missing values.
To make sure, you can use the understand a model task and it will show that the created model was for a Regression task

We are thinking of implementing this feature in the future, what do you think?

cheers

    Gus

Ken Sawicki

Dec 20, 2022, 5:05:21 PM12/20/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
I'm trying to predict/forecast several numbers into the future for each column of data. This doesn't seem to work right for that?

Bill Wood

Dec 21, 2022, 9:00:50 AM12/21/22
to User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
> We are thinking of implementing this feature in the future, what do you think?

I would also like a confidence value on a regression task.

Luiz Gustavo Martins

Dec 22, 2022, 7:32:08 AM12/22/22
to Bill Wood, User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)
For the confidence value on regression, that's planned for a future release

For forecasting specifically, you're correct, Simple ML won't do it properly with the Predict missing values task. It can do but would need a lot of pre-processing from the user's part and that would be hard unless you really understand forecasting. We are working on addressing this too, stay tuned!

cheers

   Gus

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "User Group | Simple ML for Sheets (Public)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simple-ml-for-sheets-users/341743e3-2a24-4d9f-965e-d3c3e7a162b5n%40googlegroups.com.