move away from google groups to ... freenode?

Patrick Pliessnig

May 12, 2016, 8:35:12 AM5/12/16
to Simple Groupware
Hi everybody

Steve brings a good point why we should move away from this forum to another with possible more publicity.
After all there is no more administrator. Please see below what Steve wrote:

While I agree with Steve to create another forum, we should also know where to go. Steve's proposition is freenode.

@ Steve: please tell us why freenode is the place to go
@ Others: please give your opinion to know everybodys wishes

Cheers
Patrick

-----------------------------------
Steve wrote

PS : I would also bring the idea of a Freenode chatroom/channel first thought by zotz (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simple-groupware/i-rekgfnDwM) to the front, thinking it would be a great idea to have such a reactive community (this great soft mrits it ;-))

PS2 : @Patrick
Pliessnig : the link to the official/original SGS website advertised at the head of the group forum doesn't work for me (void content) and could discourage some visitors to continue with SGS thinking it is a dead project/software :

Welcome!
This discussion group is for Simple Groupware users to ask questions, find answers, and share tips.
Before posting, please read: http://www.simple-groupware.de/cms/Main/FAQ (esp. question 1)

Massimo Arnaudo

May 12, 2016, 8:56:43 AM5/12/16
to simple-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
on Sourceforge is still present the project, I think I can be an excellent showcase and we will also have the opportunity to have an m-list.

Massimo

paulzarucki

May 27, 2016, 12:32:55 PM5/27/16
to Simple Groupware
Hi everybody

Just recording the fact that I don't have a strong opnion either way and would be happy with whatever is chosen. I have never used Freenode. I have used sourceforge briefly some years ago.

It would be so nice if Simple Groupware had a larger, or more visible, community of users and developers because it is such great software. Personally, I regret that I would only be able to contribute a limited amount of my own time to help out this year because of other commitments but I would like to do more when time permits because Simple Groupware has been so useful to my work.

Regards,
Paul Zarucki