Integration of software within SGS by means of a personalized module

Arthurx Diabolik

Jun 19, 2017, 11:45:01 AM6/19/17
to Simple Groupware
Hello,

Actually, I try to create a module for SGS. This module will be able to create diagram with the tier software JsUML2. I have created the module desciption XML file in:
C:\wamp\www\SGS\custom\modules\schema

I have modified modules.txt (that is in the same folder that XML files.)

I have downloaded application code (Javascript, HTML, CSS) and I try to intergrate that by linking the custom module and the index.html(actually named UMLDiagram.html) file of JsUML2 as the default view of the module (display view) but also as new and modify view.

Can someone help me again please?

Patrick Pliessnig

Jun 20, 2017, 2:58:40 AM6/20/17
to Simple Groupware
Hi Arthur

I don't know JsUML2. Different levels of integration are thinkable.

For seamless integration with data in the database, I suggest you:
  1. define new templates to integrate the javascript and html into sgs and this templates in your new module.
  2. use the table tag: load_library for additional php functions to manipulate your umls.
  3. The call of Javascript functions can be put in the module definition.
  4. merge the data in the database with the template configuration.

For simple integration of the index.html only ( which loads js and css ), I suggest you

  1. use the portal module which allows you exactly to do that. Of course you can also configure a customized portal modul to adapt to your needs. that way multiple index.html files can be loaded
For tight integration of JsUML2 as a new datatype, I suggest you
  1. look at the graphviz markup datatype which allows you to display graphviz diagrams. that's more of a development step than the other types of integration.
Bunch of choices you need to thing about.

Cheers
Patrick