sending email with accented character

MassimoA

Sep 4, 2015, 4:13:36 AM9/4/15
to Simple Groupware
Hello everybody,
from few days i have a problem when the SGS system send a notification mail.

From what i see, in the object field the character "à" is replaced with this string:

"=".strtoupper(dechex(ord("�")))"=".strtoupper(dechex(ord("�")))?

Why?
How i can resolve it?

Thanks
Massimo

Patrick Pliessnig

Sep 6, 2015, 7:22:29 AM9/6/15
to Simple Groupware
Hi Massimo

Maybe the problem is utf-8 encoding of sgs files and the php ord() function.
ord() function an utf-8 do not seem to work together:

The problem seems to be linked with smtp.php.
If this is true, the solution is probably to update smtp.php with a newer version.

Maybe you can localize where the error appears exactly in the code.

Patrick

Massimo Arnaudo

Sep 12, 2015, 8:01:48 AM9/12/15
to simple-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello Patrick,
i noticed that this error appear when i modify a companies asset, and not p.e. when i modify an tasks asset.

I look for in the system events, but do not appear an error about this, so i have activated the DEBUG.
Now, every time i do something appear this:

It not seem an error of smtp, because i think it should be in every folder: what do you think?

Thanks
Massimo

Massimo Arnaudo

Sep 14, 2015, 8:04:20 AM9/14/15
to simple-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all,
I solved the problem with the
accented character, turning it around.

In the table SIMPLE_SYS_TREE I tried the number of the folder that contains the word with the accented character and I replaced it with a word without accented character. 😉

Massimo

Patrick Pliessnig

Sep 21, 2015, 2:59:45 AM9/21/15
to Simple Groupware