RFD: Reference question

1 view

François Cassistat

Nov 21, 2009, 6:45:36 PM11/21/09
to SimPCoRe
Great system! I'm studying using it for a upcoming project since I am
on a LAMP configuration.

If I look at the code, MySQLPersistenceManager seems to use path for
its getReferences function, and not UUIDs (nodes don't seems to have
UUID).

If I node get renamed or moved, is there some way to update all
references? I think I need to do this myself and lock all the
repository...

Frank

Murphy

Nov 23, 2009, 9:16:28 AM11/23/09
to SimPCoRe
hi frank,

glad the system is working out for you. in response to your email:
yes, simpcore does not currently use an internal UUID. we are still
having internal arguments about whether or not this is the correct
approach. in the mean time, if node A references node B, and then you
move/rename node B to C, any and all references to node B/C "should"
be updated with the new path. this functionality should already be in
there. give it a try and let us know if we missed something.

note: if you lock node B, and then try to move it, simpcore should
throw an exception.

thanks and good luck and tell your friends:-) we are looking for some
help with the "versioning" functionality, as it will be a major effort
and speak to simpcore's functionality/usefulness. care to help:-)

murphy