api.simile-widgets.org not responding

Jon Crump

Feb 21, 2019, 12:18:04 PM2/21/19
to SIMILE Widgets
server down? temporary condition?

Jordi Juárez Mecias

Feb 25, 2019, 1:43:25 AM2/25/19
to SIMILE Widgets
So any update about this? Server is closed?

El jueves, 21 de febrero de 2019, 18:18:04 (UTC+1), Jon Crump escribió:
server down? temporary condition?

David Karger

Feb 25, 2019, 1:44:26 AM2/25/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
It's working fine now.  We're transitioning to a new server, and there were some hiccups so we reverted to the old for a little while.  There may be a few more brief interruptions, but we hope to finish tomorrow.

Louis Hwang

Mar 6, 2019, 9:51:29 AM3/6/19
to SIMILE Widgets
service.simile-widgets.org not responding so all map markers not shown on map ?

David Karger於 2019年2月25日星期一 UTC+8下午2時44分26秒寫道:
Message has been deleted

Earth Data Incorporated

Mar 6, 2019, 10:08:22 AM3/6/19
to SIMILE Widgets
Any updates on this? Simile is down again it seems.

David Karger

Mar 6, 2019, 4:54:46 PM3/6/19
to SIMILE Widgets
This wasn't (entirely) our fault.  Some ISPs had DNS problems that prevented the domain from resolving for a while.  This appears to have resolved.

Louis Hwang

Mar 6, 2019, 7:07:56 PM3/6/19
to SIMILE Widgets
But service.smile-widgets.org seems not solved yet?

Louis Hwang

Dec 20, 2019, 3:41:21 AM12/20/19
to SIMILE Widgets
service.simile-widgets.org is now not responding so all colored map markers not shown on the map ?

Louis Hwang於 2019年3月7日星期四 UTC+8上午8時07分56秒寫道:

David Karger

Dec 20, 2019, 10:04:10 AM12/20/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com

The current version of simile widgets doesn't use service.simile-widgets.org to paint its map markers, and is working fine:

http://simile-widgets.org/exhibit3/examples/presidents/presidents.html

If you are using exhibit version 2, you should upgrade.

Louis Hwang

Dec 23, 2019, 7:53:01 AM12/23/19
to SIMILE Widgets
I just upgrade exhibit to version3, the map markers are shown well but one of JSON files can not be read and timeline, calendar, timeplots, chart are disappeared. Please see my exhibit web pages as below:

David Karger於 2019年12月20日星期五 UTC+8下午11時04分10秒寫道:

On 12/20/2019 3:41 AM, Louis Hwang wrote:
service.simile-widgets.org is now not responding so all colored map markers not shown on the map ?

Louis Hwang於 2019年3月7日星期四 UTC+8上午8時07分56秒寫道:
But service.smile-widgets.org seems not solved yet?

Luis Miguel Morillas

Dec 23, 2019, 8:11:46 AM12/23/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
Exhibit 3 uses other syntax:

should be

and so

Saludos,

-- luismiguel (@lmorillas)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simile-widgets/ef1af208-68c0-4a35-9f81-10ab76a67a88%40googlegroups.com.

Louis Hwang

Dec 23, 2019, 8:46:56 AM12/23/19
to SIMILE Widgets
Please reference to http://demac.udel.edu/waterquality/  that use Exhibit3 but all the "ex:" syntax still keep using "ex:" same as mine above. Actually it works only something are missing.

Luis Miguel Morillas於 2019年12月23日星期一 UTC+8下午9時11分46秒寫道:

Luis Miguel Morillas

Dec 23, 2019, 9:05:33 AM12/23/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I'm afraid these extensions are not implemented
https://github.com/simile-widgets/exhibit/wiki/Previous-Release-Comparison
I think you are trying to use old exhibit 2 extensions on exhibit 3,
aren't you?

Saludos,

-- luismiguel (@lmorillas)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simile-widgets/e7251692-a634-4160-affa-17fa1cc907ce%40googlegroups.com.

David Karger

Dec 23, 2019, 9:47:34 AM12/23/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
yes, there has been a small syntax change in exhibit v3; ex: is replaced
by data-ex- and camelcase replaced by hyphenation.

Louis Hwang

Dec 23, 2019, 11:14:24 AM12/23/19
to SIMILE Widgets
Yes, I do try to do so but these extensions are not implemented in Exhibit3,

Anyway, I have several Exhibit2 web pages for years and works very fine, the only problem now is map markers not shown on map due to "service.smile-widgets.org" not responding.

So would you please wake up this server, then everything will be fine and I could keep going further.

Thank you very much in advance!

Louis

Luis Miguel Morillas於 2019年12月23日星期一 UTC+8下午10時05分33秒寫道:

David Karger

Dec 23, 2019, 12:03:02 PM12/23/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com

there is a backward compatibility module that tries to fix things but sometimes fails; it is better to fix the syntax.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simile-widgets/e7251692-a634-4160-affa-17fa1cc907ce%40googlegroups.com.

David Karger

Dec 23, 2019, 12:07:37 PM12/23/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com

unfortunately service.simile-widgets.org is dead and probably cannot be restarted.

I might be able to backport the map code to exhibit 2 but it will take some time.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simile-widgets/ad583441-c442-4243-9529-22d0b34945ce%40googlegroups.com.

Louis Hwang

Dec 23, 2019, 5:58:19 PM12/23/19
to SIMILE Widgets
Ok, thanks and looking forward to your new map code for Exhibit 2.

Merry Christmas!

Louis

David Karger於 2019年12月24日星期二 UTC+8上午1時07分37秒寫道:

Luis Miguel Morillas

Dec 24, 2019, 6:33:43 AM12/24/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
David, Maybe the easiest solution is to hack the exhibit 2 code to use
the exhibit 3 painter? If Exhibit 3 doesn't fit the Louis'
requirements due to the incomplete timeline extensions?

Saludos,

-- luismiguel (@lmorillas)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/simile-widgets/086d4b2f-bb16-40a5-99a8-23cd8812b60e%40googlegroups.com.

David Karger

Dec 24, 2019, 8:53:32 AM12/24/19
to simile-...@googlegroups.com
ok but be warned it could be months or years.