Exhibit No Longer Working in Chrome

Roger Cutler

Oct 6, 2023, 1:11:01 PM10/6/23
to SIMILE Widgets
I have an old Exhibit application that uses version 2.2.0 and it stopped working in Chrome.  Viewing the console in "inspect" view showed that the call to the exhibit-api had a http URL and it required https.  I fixed that, but it still doesn't work because apparently the Exhibit code calls an Ajax URL with http.  I cannot change that to https because it is not in my code.  This only happens in Chrome -- the app works OK in Edge.  This is a pretty complex app and upgrading to version 3 would be a LOT of work -- and frankly I don't really remember how the app works now anyway.  I did this a LONG time ago.

Incidentally, I had the same problem with another Exhibit app which I coded using version 3, and changing my call to https did solve the problem there.

dhinostroza

Oct 6, 2023, 6:26:33 PM10/6/23
to SIMILE Widgets
Hi, Roger,
It's working fine on my M2 Mac running Chrome version 117.0.5938.149 (Official Build) (arm64).
Migration to v3 is a bit tricky, but feasible.
Best,
Daniel

Luis Miguel Morillas

Oct 7, 2023, 1:57:43 AM10/7/23