Issue 437 in simile-widgets: Timeline display problems in Firefox 4.0, IE7+, Chrome

codesite...@google.com

May 6, 2011, 6:13:35 AM5/6/11
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 437 by katerina...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems in
Firefox 4.0, IE7+, Chrome
http://code.google.com/p/simile-widgets/issues/detail?id=437

Simile timeline fails to display in Firefox 4.0, IE7+, Chrome.
Timeline is loaded dynamically as follows:

########mytimeline.js###########

4. $(window).load(function() {
8. Timeline.loadJSON( test, function(json, url) {

9. var eventSource = new Timeline.DefaultEventSource();
10. eventSource.loadJSON(json, url);

}

Multiple errors occur:

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 8
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: ../script/mytimeline.js

Message: 'Timeline.strings' is null or not an object
Line: 6
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: /script/timeline/timeline_js/scripts/l10n/de/timeline.js

Message: 'Timeline.GregorianDateLabeller.monthNames' is null or not an
object
Line: 6
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: ../timeline/timeline_js/scripts/l10n/de/labellers.js

The error occurs even if default locale is used. Patch regarding related
reported issues 424 and 425 have also been applied with no success.

codesite...@google.com

May 31, 2011, 4:00:50 AM5/31/11
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 437 by gemak...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems in

I get similar errors in FF 3.6.17

Timeline.strings is undefined
Timeline.GregorianDateLabeller is undefined
Timeline.GregorianDateLabeller.monthNames["en"] = [
labellers.js (Zeile 6)

while I get in Chrome V11:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'en' of undefined
/dc-javascript/timeline/timeline_js/scripts/l10n/en/labellers.js:6
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'monthNames' of undefined..

- but only if bundle=true is NOT set, i.e. I try to read from the source
files.
The solution for me was as the folder styles with the css files was missing
entirely and the js files in scripts as well, except the files in l10n, I
added the missing files manually. This is because they are not copied to
the output dir in the build.xml, target create_output2 (this seems to be a
bug). After I added those files all is working as expected, debugging is
now for the source files...

codesite...@google.com

May 31, 2011, 4:08:52 AM5/31/11
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 437 by gemak...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems in

I get similar errors in FF 3.6.17

Timeline.strings is undefined
Timeline.GregorianDateLabeller is undefined
Timeline.GregorianDateLabeller.monthNames["en"] = [
labellers.js (Zeile 6)

while I get in Chrome V11:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'en' of undefined
/dc-javascript/timeline/timeline_js/scripts/l10n/en/labellers.js:6
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'monthNames' of undefined..

- but only if bundle=true is NOT set, i.e. I try to read from the source
files.

The solution is as extracting timeline_source.zip as well (besides
timeline_libraries.zip), else the folder styles with the css files is
missing and the js files in scripts as well, except the files in l10n.

codesite...@google.com

Jan 11, 2012, 8:00:19 PM1/11/12
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 437 by francisb...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems

I have this issue with latest trunk in Firefox9 & Chrome.
I think the issue is the same as was solved by OpenLayers with their
guaranteed execution order:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2933

codesite...@google.com

Mar 21, 2013, 2:38:00 PM3/21/13
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 437 by chris.fa...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems
Has there been an update on this issue? I'm looking into Timeline and am
currently stuck here.

issue notifications to this address.

codesite...@google.com

Jul 4, 2013, 10:10:12 AM7/4/13
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 437 by MattFrom...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems
I had the same issue, which I discovered was from me trying to load the JS
at the bottom of the page rather than the header like the demos show. I
moved the following to the head section of the page and all works all the
time:

<script>
Timeline_ajax_url = "/timeline/timeline_ajax/simile-ajax-api.js";
Timeline_urlPrefix = '/timeline/timeline_js/';
Timeline_parameters = 'bundle=true';
</script>
<script src="/timeline/timeline_js/timeline-api.js?bundle=true"
type="text/javascript"></script>

codesite...@google.com

Nov 18, 2014, 2:50:17 AM11/18/14
to simile-wi...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 437 by sagarsur...@gmail.com: Timeline display problems
in Firefox 4.0, IE7+, Chrome
https://code.google.com/p/simile-widgets/issues/detail?id=437

Hi Everyone,

There is an issue with the Firefox 31 or above version where i am not able
to see the timeline of my product.

Please post your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks,
Sagar