Regarding the installation of Chaos Monkey

nitish...@peaas.co

Aug 22, 2018, 2:21:42 AM8/22/18
to Simian Army Users
Can anyone share the step by step process in details of dependent tools to install the chaos monkey, i am doing this with the help of https://netflix.github.io/chaosmonkey/ but not getting the exact solution

And How to use Chaos Monkey on local cluster ?? or is it possible to do ?

Lorin Hochstein

Aug 23, 2018, 7:53:33 PM8/23/18
to Simian Army Users
Hi there:

Are you currently using Spinnaker? That's the most complex Chaos Monkey dependency to set up.

Take care,

Lorin

Nitish Pundir

Aug 24, 2018, 2:07:41 AM8/24/18
to simianar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have tried setting up "Chaos Monkey" with spinnaker deck UI. But somehow it was taking too much time (setup not done correctly) and we needed chaos monkey for Openshift and local kubernetes (minikube) deployment and hence we deployed "kube-monkey" successfully. We have now following requirements.

1. Chaos monkey to be used in Openshift environment. What are the ways to do this?
2. For successfully installed kube monkey we need a spinnekar UI.

Regards
Nitish

Thanks and Regards,
Nitish Pundir
Sr. QA Engineer
PEaaS Software LLP | 112, Shreeji Complex, Vasna Road, Vadodara, Gujarat |
Mobile No: +91 9770225876
Skype      :  nitishpundir
E-mail     :  nitish.pundir@peaas.co
Website   :  http://peaas.co

Lorin Hochstein

Aug 27, 2018, 11:22:24 AM8/27/18
to simianar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nitish:

I'm not really familiar with OpenShift, but I don't think you'll be able to get Chaos Monkey to work with it.

If you're using kube-monkey instead of Chaos Monkey, why do you need the Spinnaker UI? I did not think kube-monkey depended on Spinnaker in any way.

Lorin

Nitish Pundir

Aug 28, 2018, 2:40:47 AM8/28/18
to simianar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorin,

We are using kube-monkey  but we need a UI to see and manage things. For this reason we were trying to install the Spinnaker. I am not sure whether the kube monkey requires the Spinnaker or not (or whether it provides its own UI?) Please guide us on this path.  Earlier we just wanted to use the Chaos Monkey only but since it is not working we have tried the kube-monkey.

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 11:21:42 PM UTC-7, nitish...@peaas.co wrote:
Can anyone share the step by step process in details of dependent tools to install the chaos monkey, i am doing this with the help of https://netflix.github.io/chaosmonkey/ but not getting the exact solution

And How to use Chaos Monkey on local cluster ?? or is it possible to do ?

Lorin Hochstein

Aug 28, 2018, 12:13:23 PM8/28/18
to simianar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nitish:

kube-monkey wasn't written by Netflix, and I'm not familiar with it, so I can't help here. I suggest you follow up with the authors of that project.

Take care,

Lorin