Advancing the "next" trigger tone

Don Sainte-Johnn Radio Programming Consultant

Apr 28, 2017, 3:52:47 PM4/28/17
to Simian Discuss
Can anyone help with what I call a Simian situation?

I want to tighten the on-air music flow and Engineering tells me, there are limitations on what can be done.

Here is the skimmy:

Music X has a "next" tone trigger placed at :07, which allows the Air Personality--or next event such as a sweeper--to to start before Music X ends and fades out completely.

If a sweeper follows Music X, and the runtime for the sweeper is :03, then our system refuses to start the next trigger tone, giving consideration to the fact that Music X is still playing.

Is there a way to circumvent this programming limitation?

Here is the visual of what we are trying to create:

Allister Banks

Apr 30, 2017, 8:49:26 PM4/30/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
This is not the Simian music software list.