VATUSA Site Problems

1 view

Aaron Parsons

Jul 27, 2001, 10:23:13 PM7/27/01
I'm guessing that someone is working on it crazily, but the vatusa site has
a few problems. all the images on the initial loading of the site say satco
instead of vatsim, the formmail.pl file doesn't yet have www.vatusa.org as
one of the referrers, so it can't send email, and probably some similar
problems with satco references not yet updated to vatsim....

I know its a lot of work taking one site and editing all the little nuances
to a new name....been there, done that....

just doing what little i can to help point out some areas that i've seen.

Good luck and thanks for the hard work guys. I'm one who really appreciates
the months of blood and sweat that go into websites that have functionality.

--
Aaron W. Parsons - Slider_52ndW
Commanding Officer - 52nd VTFW

FVA001 - President and CEO
Freelance Virtual Airlines
http://fva.dyndns.org

Student - HOUARTCC

FS SHARECENTER - The Best Flight Sim Shareware is here....
New Now: Bari Palese and Philadelphia International Aiport Sceneries
by SimFlyers Associated - Buy them in a bundle at a sensational price!
http://fssharecenter.com
SIMMARKET Download Store - NEW NOW: The GAP Singles
The best Collection of German Airports ever - Now includes Innsbruck (LOWI)
http://simmarket.com/online/gap

Your use of the simFlight Newsgroups is subject to the terms
outlined at http://simflight.com/snn

Michael L. Cunningham

Jul 28, 2001, 12:05:35 AM7/28/01
Aaron Parsons wrote:

> I'm guessing that someone is working on it crazily, but the vatusa site has
> a few problems. all the images on the initial loading of the site say satco
> instead of vatsim, the formmail.pl file doesn't yet have www.vatusa.org as
> one of the referrers, so it can't send email, and probably some similar
> problems with satco references not yet updated to vatsim....
>
> I know its a lot of work taking one site and editing all the little nuances
> to a new name....been there, done that....
>
> just doing what little i can to help point out some areas that i've seen.
>
> Good luck and thanks for the hard work guys. I'm one who really appreciates
> the months of blood and sweat that go into websites that have functionality.

Thanks Aaron! We're taking it step by step and will eventually have everything
taken care off!

Michael L. Cunningham VATUSA1
USA Director - VATSIM