Whats wrong with this NG??

Scott A. Lewellen

Jul 26, 2001, 7:03:35 PM7/26/01
I agree!!! Why change anything about the newsgroups' location. It appears to
me that this site works wonderfully as is. I hope we can all agree that
change just for the sake of change is not always prudent. We all know the old
saying, if it's not broken, don't fix it...

Jose Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Is there a good reason why we have to move to another place??
>
> Why cant we just rename this NG to simflight.VATSIM ??
>
> Cheers
>
> JG

> FS SHARECENTER - The Best Flight Sim Shareware is here....
> New Now: Bari Palese and Philadelphia International Aiport Sceneries
> by SimFlyers Associated - Buy them in a bundle at a sensational price!
> http://fssharecenter.com
> SIMMARKET Download Store - NEW NOW: The GAP Singles
> The best Collection of German Airports ever - Now includes Innsbruck (LOWI)
> http://simmarket.com/online/gap
>
> Your use of the simFlight Newsgroups is subject to the terms
> outlined at http://simflight.com/snn

FS SHARECENTER - The Best Flight Sim Shareware is here....
New Now: Bari Palese and Philadelphia International Aiport Sceneries
by SimFlyers Associated - Buy them in a bundle at a sensational price!
http://fssharecenter.com
SIMMARKET Download Store - NEW NOW: The GAP Singles
The best Collection of German Airports ever - Now includes Innsbruck (LOWI)
http://simmarket.com/online/gap

Your use of the simFlight Newsgroups is subject to the terms
outlined at http://simflight.com/snn

Jose Gonzalez

Jul 26, 2001, 7:49:02 PM7/26/01

Marc

Jul 26, 2001, 8:05:02 PM7/26/01
>We all know the old saying, if it's not broken, don't fix it...

Agreed Scott, it would make things easier.

Marc

Katy Pluta

Jul 26, 2001, 9:37:44 PM7/26/01
Jose,

The forum was set up as a service for and at the demand of SATCO and
some of its divisions, we plan to remove the satco-ivpa, sateur, satuk
and satunaf groups in a few days after SATCO ceases its activities and
in accord with the current org. staff.

We have already been asked to set up a vatsim-uk and a vatsim-eur
group, as well as a vatsim-usa by their respective divisions
directors, first one is already operational, others two will follow
shortly.

The new and old groups will be online together for a few days, time
for users to re-direct... As far as I know VATSIM itself already has
an official forum on avsim.com, we're not going to create a
competitive one by ourselves :-)

Best

Katy Pluta
the simFlight Network
http://www.simflight.com
http://www.simtrains.com

Ernie Alston

Jul 26, 2001, 11:11:13 PM7/26/01
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:37:44 -0600, Katy Pluta <ka...@simflight.com>
wrote:

>We have already been asked to set up a vatsim-uk and a vatsim-eur
>group, as well as a vatsim-usa by their respective divisions
>directors, first one is already operational, others two will follow
>shortly.
>
>The new and old groups will be online together for a few days, time
>for users to re-direct... As far as I know VATSIM itself already has
>an official forum on avsim.com, we're not going to create a
>competitive one by ourselves :-)

The VATSIM forum over at Avsim is not official, it was just first.

I don't really like the idea of all these separate VATSIM division
forums.

Ernie.

Michael L. Cunningham

Jul 26, 2001, 11:32:55 PM7/26/01
Ernie Alston wrote:

> The VATSIM forum over at Avsim is not official, it was just first.
>
> I don't really like the idea of all these separate VATSIM division
> forums.
>
> Ernie.

I don't either as I like the fact I could use simflight as a regular news
reader. I'm setting up the USA group for issues directly related to the
USA Division. I'm hoping that someone from the HQ Group will
request a VATSIM membership base newsgroup.

--
Michael L. Cunningham SATUSA1
Acting SATUSA Director

Daniel S. Harris

Jul 26, 2001, 11:44:50 PM7/26/01
Agreed - I think that we should ask VATSIM to have an official newsgroup
here and not have two (the forum at Avsim was not originally official but
has since become official I understand). Harv has stated elsewhere that
VATSIM would ask for a newsgroup here but I read between Katy's lines that
simflight would not be keen on having two "competing" forums? This system
is far better than Avsims IMO, offering similar features to theirs and the
added bonus of the standard newsgoup access.

Michael, it is great news that there will be an official USA group, it will
help everyone to filter out some posts they are not interested in.

Dan Harris
VATSIM-UK1
"Michael L. Cunningham" <boge...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Katy Pluta

Jul 27, 2001, 12:14:40 AM7/27/01
> The VATSIM forum over at Avsim is not official, it was just first.

Sorry, my mistake Ernie... :-)

Best

Katy Pluta

Jul 27, 2001, 12:12:44 AM7/27/01
Oops, before a polemic starts because of me... :-))

All I wanted to say is that we (simFlight) do not want to open a
VATSIM group until we are asked so by the organization staff, that's
all, it's not a matter of refusing to open a group here because there
is already another forum elsewhere, we just don't want to create a new
one by our own arbitrary decision...

We are opening the divisions groups as asked by their directors, two
of them existed before for SATCO, if that causes some trouble among
VATSIM itself please clear that among yourselves and don't try to read
between the lines. There's no better forum format per se, just
different and adapted to every person's needs and preferences.

We just choose to gladly offer a service when asked, the choice of
VATSIM forum's host is none of our business but its staff and members.

Best

Daniel S. Harris

Jul 27, 2001, 1:12:07 AM7/27/01
Katy,

Please accept my apologies for misinterpreting your message and thanks for
being here to prevent WWIII <G>

Dan
"Katy Pluta" <ka...@simflight.com> wrote in message

Katy Pluta

Jul 27, 2001, 1:24:11 AM7/27/01
ROFL!!!

Katy slaps Dan with a large trout... "SPLAK!!!"

Daniel S. Harris

Jul 27, 2001, 2:02:51 AM7/27/01
Harder Harder he yells back!

"Katy Pluta" <ka...@simflight.com> wrote in message

Ernie Alston

Jul 27, 2001, 7:18:32 PM7/27/01
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:14:40 -0600, Katy Pluta <ka...@simflight.com>
wrote:

>> The VATSIM forum over at Avsim is not official, it was just first.

>Sorry, my mistake Ernie... :-)

As it turns out according to the VATSIM BoG minutes of the 24th,
technically you were right Katy :)

Ernie.

Harry Juris

Jul 27, 2001, 7:41:09 PM7/27/01