Let's not forget who Satco is

Dave B

Jun 13, 2001, 2:08:20 AM6/13/01
What is Satco and who is responsible for it? Well lets start here with a few
names that come to mind

Joe Jureka and Jason Grooms. James Willan (IVAO who is now working with
OTHERS so that you can continue to get your fix of online fun). Brett and
Sean (who are they you may ask not withstanding the fact that you enjoy the
use of CSL). Yes Phil is in there along with David Kings and all the other
guys that provide the servers. Lets not also forget John Eisenhower and Tom
Allensworth who have previously given their support so that YOU can enjoy
the benefits of Satco. Lets not also forget Ray (and I am sure there are
many who will not ). Yes Randy is there of course (yeah he has the rights
which piggybacks all the hard work put in by others). Harvey, Roland, Jim,
Terry, George (loved flying in Indy), Amy, Tom, Mike, Ernie the list goes on
and on.

Of course there are many many others who devote a lot of time so that we may
enjoy this hobby and EVERYONE of them are as important as any of the above.
Even the younger kids who due to immaturity cannot see past their fear that
Satco (or online ATC) may be pulled away from them are as important.

The point is? In all the above names of which I only post a few out of the
MANY who give a LOT to make Satco what it is, Randy Whistler is but one man.
If Randy was to resign or be forced onto the sidelines Satco WILL continue
in one form or another. I suspect it will grow into a much more user focused
and user friendly organisation. Having been a part of Satco for a long time
I have seen many disagreements and falling outs. ALL of them have one person
at the centre and that is Randy, a man who has publically stated that he
lacks well developed business skills. If Randy was to stay in his present
position? Well we have seen the attitude (quite rightly) displayed by others
including some of the above names. It has been obvious for some time that
there has been a NEED for change at the top and Randy should not feel
ashamed at that. Satco and the responsibilities that come with it has far
outgrown the initial concept.

Randy, having been in a similar position in which I felt (and it was
acknowledged) that I was instrumental in the rapid and record setting growth
of a company, you have my sympathy. It is hard to let go, but let go you
must. If you are reading this, it is time to put your skills where they are
most suited and let others with the neccessary skills guide and grow Satco.
I say this not based on what is happening right now, but based on what has
been happening overall for a long time.

A concerned Satco user.

Dave B

PS Letting go is the hard part, putting your skills to use where they are
needed is the easy part for an entrepreneur and much more rewarding.

FS SHARECENTER - The Best Flight Sim Shareware is here....
New Now: Bari Palese and Philadelphia International Aiport Sceneries
by SimFlyers Associated - Buy them in a bundle at a sensational price!
http://fssharecenter.com
SIMMARKET Download Store - NEW NOW: The GAP Singles
The best Collection of German Airports ever - Now includes Innsbruck (LOWI)
http://simmarket.com/online/gap

Your use of the simFlight Newsgroups is subject to the terms
outlined at http://simflight.com/snn

Phil Dowling

Jun 13, 2001, 4:40:11 AM6/13/01
Dave B

Bugger me ! I did not think I would see it. But this is by far and
away one of the best posts I have seen in here for this ENTIRE
discussion.

Very well said that man !

Phil

Mark Wilson

Jun 13, 2001, 5:15:57 AM6/13/01
Dave,

May I also say thank you for your words. After all of this rhetoric, you
have now genuinly taken the whole scope and idea of what SATCO is all
about, a society based on all its users both past and present and not
accountable or even possible to just one person.

Lets hope people read your note and also feel and understand the same way
as you do.

Cheers,

Mark

Ed Hemsley

Jun 13, 2001, 5:17:10 AM6/13/01
Dave,

I agree with you 100%

We could have discussions and long mail for weeks protesting innocence and
guilt at all sorts of things that have been happening here recently. But it
would serve no purpose.

When Phil D left SATUK, i genuinely feel he became a better guy ( NO BIG
HEADS PHIL <G>) becuase he had been under such pressure as director that he
was reaching meltdown. There was a serious lack of communication and he
seemed to be doing everything - damn well too, but it was getting silly. He
stepped back and a new management with more people doing more delegated
tasks, stepped in. With no disrespect to phil meant, i believe becuase of
that SATUK is a much better place today.

The same now appears to be happening at HQ. Whether you committed any of
said crimes or whatever you care to call them, at the end of the day if you
step down now, it'll let the new executive board breathe life into SATCO, it
will let you relax and maybe even fly or control yourself LOL (can you
remember how?!?! <G>) and it'll save everybody on the newsgroup the stress
and anxiety or posting long messages such as this, and having to live with
the uncertainty that follows them.

WIth Best Regards,

Ed Hemsley

Dave B <imat...@hotmail.co.addanm> wrote in message

Dave B

Jun 13, 2001, 5:57:54 AM6/13/01
BUGGAR !

I forgot to mention Enricho !!!!

A very "concerned at where this hobby is heading"

Dave B

"Phil Dowling" <ph...@devaughn.com> wrote in message

> Dave B
>

> Bugger me ! I did not think I would see it. But this is by far and
> away one of the best posts I have seen in here for this ENTIRE
> discussion.
>
> Very well said that man !
>
> Phil

Brian Crowley

Jun 13, 2001, 8:05:14 AM6/13/01

Phil Dowling <ph...@devaughn.com> wrote in message
> Dave B
>

> Bugger me !

I've had some bad offers in my time, but really.......

--
Cheers
Brian Crowley

Brian Crowley

Jun 13, 2001, 8:08:38 AM6/13/01

Ed Hemsley <sat...@satco.org> wrote in message

> Dave,
>
> I agree with you 100%
>
> When Phil D left SATUK, i genuinely feel he became a better guy ( NO BIG
> HEADS PHIL <G>) becuase he had been under such pressure as director that
he
> was reaching meltdown. There was a serious lack of communication and he
> seemed to be doing everything - damn well too, but it was getting silly.
He
> stepped back and a new management with more people doing more delegated
> tasks, stepped in. With no disrespect to phil meant, i believe becuase of
> that SATUK is a much better place today.

He's still an a*se though ain't he? <VVBG>

FWIW Ed, I agree with you. A bit like SATCO, SATUK swelled to a point
where it was too much for the current management structure to cope with. A
rejigged management has lead to the focus returning to what it should be
about, ATC, rather than the internal politics and problems of SATUK.

--
Cheers
Brian Crowley

Matthias Voelkel

Jun 13, 2001, 8:59:31 AM6/13/01
Hi Dave,

basically right, all controll in ones hands isn愒 the best way anymore as
the community has grown. Some mentioned that SATCO should focus on ATC
instead of politics. But the thing about it is simply: 45.000 members, CEO,
Division directors, Instructors and Supervisors mean nothing else than
politics. It is an community, at least I think it is, and communities need
either a king or some kind of parliament. Once it seemed to run fine with a
king, but now 45.000 MEMBERS of this club, spending time, money , spirit or
whatever, have a right to get their own interests being aheared. Sure, its a
virtual community but it definitly looks to me that it needs some help from
real world procedures. Putting all the blame to one person, the king
mentioned above, when things go wrong, is the easy way. But if one thinks he
has spent a lot to the community and wants to have certain rights now, it愀
time to copy a bit from the american way of life, meaning rights for
everyone but duties too, responsibility to everyones shoulders, guidelines,
controlling of the staff, elections, the "simple" old thing usually called
democracy in the real world. In this way i think even donations would be
possible without running the whole thing into apocalypse again.
And if the former king is a wise man, his further comments, remarks,
suggestions, i am sure, will still be heard.

If anyone feels the need to quote that, quote the statement please,

Regards
Matthias
SATEUR,VACC-SAG

John Eisenhour

Jun 13, 2001, 9:11:00 AM6/13/01
Phis is CORRECT - gosh did I just say that :-)

This is a brilliant post

Thanks Dave

John Eisenhour
"former" SATNET1
---------------------------------------

Ben Golub

Jun 13, 2001, 10:08:58 AM6/13/01
> Phis is CORRECT - gosh did I just say that :-)

John, I think the urge against typing "Phil" and "correct" in the same sentence is
just too strong. I guess he'll have to settle for "Phis" for now.

:-)
Ben

John Eisenhour

Jun 13, 2001, 10:55:18 AM6/13/01