Goodbye SATCO, Hello VATSIM

Clayton T. Dopke

Jul 27, 2001, 7:17:49 PM7/27/01
Dear group,

Although we all knew it was coming, there is a slight sadness to see SATCO
pass in the mist. We all knew of the problems which SATCO had, but it was
the 'on line' simming begining and that prehaps make it's mark most
important, and very memorable.

As of today, SATCO has pased and VATSIM rises from the ashes like the
proverbial Phoenix. I must say after visiting the new site, signing on
for an ID and visiting the new servers, I am most impressed. Harvy and
company, (and its a big company of great, talented people) have done a
fantastic job of making the transition easy, painless and enjoyable. We,
the flightsim community, owe these people a great debt of gratitude for
the concern of flightsimming on line and to build such a great, well oiled
establishment.

In return, we the flightsim 'on line' users, owe the new establishment our
'painless' cooperation in keeping it well rounded, and fun. I think the
time for major complaining is through . . . and it couldn't have come too
soon. We've all got a fresh start here........lets not abuse it or the
people who have gone out of thier way to make it happen for us. It is
obvious that these fine individuals have spent a tremendous amount of
time, effort and money so we can play pilots and controllers. . . . .and
all they wish to hear is 'job well done' once in awhile.

Kudo's guys.........(and gals, Can't forget Amy Gilbert.or Katy P.) a
fantastic job, well done. May the entire flight sim community join with
me in supporting your wonderful and terrific efforts!

Clay Dopke
Major, USAF (retired)

FS SHARECENTER - The Best Flight Sim Shareware is here....
New Now: Bari Palese and Philadelphia International Aiport Sceneries
by SimFlyers Associated - Buy them in a bundle at a sensational price!
http://fssharecenter.com
SIMMARKET Download Store - NEW NOW: The GAP Singles
The best Collection of German Airports ever - Now includes Innsbruck (LOWI)
http://simmarket.com/online/gap

Your use of the simFlight Newsgroups is subject to the terms
outlined at http://simflight.com/snn

Don LeBlanc

Jul 27, 2001, 8:55:28 PM7/27/01
Tatally Agree. And thank you very much satco.

Don
Clayton T. Dopke <B52d...@aol.com> wrote in message