Airac data installing for FSNav

Hasan alpay

Oct 23, 2003, 6:01:51 AM10/23/03

hii all ,
Can you pls inform me the following ;
I download the latest Airac cycles and install to :
C:\Progfiles\Mic.Games\FS9\Modules\FSNavigator\Bin..

1- Is this the correct Path ?
2- Do I have to Run FSNav DBC after every airac installement ?

All my best
Hasan

Dean Klein

Oct 24, 2003, 9:31:47 AM10/24/03
1. Correct path is ...FS9\Modules\FSNavigator\SidStar If folder doesn't
exist, create it.
2. No. You do not have to run FSNavDBC after every airac installment.

PS., With the SidStar's loaded, FSNav will take about 20-30 seconds longer
to load when you open it up in FS9.

Hope this helps.

"Hasan alpay" <kha...@superonline.com> wrote in message

Richard STEFAN / NAVData-Service

Nov 16, 2003, 12:21:26 PM11/16/03
Hi Dean,
sorry, but both points absolutly nonsens ...

1. the path IS CORRECT ... the AIRAC update should copied into
FSxxxx\Modules\}FSNavigator\Bin directory. This is exact the path where the
setup-routine is used.

2. Yes, you MUST run the FSNavDBC after updating the AIRAC datas. FSNavDBC
reads out all sceneries (including addons), the actual airway file and the
actual waypoint file. So when you only install the AIRAC, FSNavigator isn愒
use the files without running FSNavDBC ...

Hasan, this is the correct answer of you question and only this ... I hope
all is clear now :-)
Kind regards,
Richard

P.S: the AIRAC愀 have nothing to do with the SIDs/STARs from FSNavigator!!!
Richard STEFAN / NAVData-Service
NAVData-Service Homepage: http://www.navdata.at
email to: sup...@navdata.at

"Dean Klein" <dean-...@cox.net> wrote in message