"could not read atmega328"

sebas solorzano

Mar 26, 2017, 3:10:52 PM3/26/17
to simavr
Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a .asm file for an arduino uno chip with the simavr using ./run_avr -g -mcu atmega328 -freq 16000000 -t \ -v "path to the .hex file" and this is what I got:

could not read atmega328
atmega328: No such file or directory
./run_avr: Unable to load firmware from file atmega328

any suggestions on what could be causing this problem and how can I fix it?

thanks in advance

M P

Mar 26, 2017, 3:12:14 PM3/26/17
to simavr
Hmm I MIGHT have updated run_avr without updating the documentation,
sorry! try --mcu (two dashes)

sebas solorzano

Mar 26, 2017, 3:28:27 PM3/26/17
to simavr
it worked! but had to use --freq (two dashes)

thank you!

Jaime Gutierrez Alfaro

Mar 29, 2017, 9:09:57 PM3/29/17
to simavr

El domingo, 26 de marzo de 2017, 13:12:14 (UTC-6), buserror escribió:
Hmm I MIGHT have updated run_avr without updating the documentation,
sorry! try --mcu (two dashes)

In my case it works correctly with one dash.

On 26 March 2017 at 20:10, sebas solorzano <seba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to simulate a .asm file for an arduino uno chip with the simavr
> using ./run_avr -g -mcu atmega328 -freq 16000000 -t \ -v "path to the .hex
> file" and this is what I got:

In your instruction there is a slash ("\") after "-t" that could be generating the problem.

Best regards,
Jaime.