Silvertone 1451 amp

Stephen Barrett

Apr 7, 2018, 11:24:32 AM4/7/18
to Silvertone World Forum
Hi all

i have recently discovered Silvertone and have fallen in love. Looking at buying a 1451 from 1959. What info can you provide about this amp? There aren't many decent videos online about this amp. Is there anyone here that can feedback o these little beasts?

Sorry for the lame post.

Stephen

Randy Holmes

Jul 6, 2018, 9:28:46 AM7/6/18
to Silvertone World Forum
Soooo sorry for the lateness of my reply.

All of the amps that Sears sold had a certain logic to their numbering, most of the time. Any amp ending in a '1' in its catalog number was the lowest end of the 'line' of that year, starting with the XXX1. Then its was on to the 1471, 1481... low-end amp, but with some style... In your case, the 1451 was the low-end and the only end as this decor on a Silvertone amp never occurred again. The large gold flecks over a brown is unique in the Dano-built Silvertone line. The key to the uniqueness is the size of the glitter flakes.Anyway, 1959 Wish Book was its one and only catalog appearance.

Anyway, low-end amp, but nice. I love that cabinet style. My 1481 (same circuit, but in the 1964 low-end cabinet, is my ol' Reliable tube amp, and I've owned it since the mid-80s.

Is the one you're looking at in good shape (I realize this is is too much, too late probably)?

Again, sorry for the late reply.

Randy
59_wbpartial.jpg

Vic Anderson

Jul 6, 2018, 10:08:11 AM7/6/18
to silvertone-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it!