696 pics needed

Peter Houwen

Apr 5, 2018, 11:24:03 AM4/5/18
to Silvertone World Forum
I have what I believe to be a 696 (no number visible) that I'm refurbing.  The tuners and half the bridge were missing, so I put some Klusons and a new adjustable bridge on it.  Action is high, like 3/8" at the neck joint.

Not sure if the bridge is too high or if the neck needs to be re-set.  I would appreciate any pictures of an original bridge and the neck/body joint.

It sure sounds interesting like this, ridiculous sustain.  I'd like to get it playable.  If needed, I could probably fabricate the missing top half of the bridge

Randy Holmes

Apr 5, 2018, 8:36:43 PM4/5/18
to Silvertone World Forum
696_bridge1.jpg
696_bridge2.jpg
696_bridge3.jpg
696_heel.jpg
696_heel2.jpg

Peter Houwen

Apr 7, 2018, 11:24:32 AM4/7/18
to Silvertone World Forum
Excellent pics, thanks!  Pretty clear I need to reset the neck.  Especially since upon further inspection, the neck is actually loose.