1464 Modernization

peakmusic

Mar 4, 2023, 6:20:27 AM3/4/23
to Silvertone World Forum
I have a 1464 I bought in the late sixties. The amp always had a hiss so it was replaced with better equipment. It is just taking up space in the studio (amps do make the room).

What should I do with it?

Sell it as is on Reverb?  (Not sure it still works)

Recone the two Jenson 12’s and buy an amp like an Orange micro 20 watt to drive them?

Replace the Jensons with Eminence or similar and buy what amp head?

The goal here is to make the box enjoyable while not breaking the bank ($200 to $300 budget) or sell it and buy something enjoyable.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.