Silvertone 1484 Reverb

james lateano

Apr 6, 2021, 11:26:03 AM4/6/21
to Silvertone World Forum
I was hoping to get some advice on my Silvertone 1484 Amp from the early 60's. I had it stored away for many years and just recently pulled it out to play it again. I am finding the the Reverb still works but then "shuts off" or "cuts in and out" so to speak (if you hit or tap on the top of the amp control head it goes back on). So I called a few of the local vintage amp repair shops and I find that I cant afford for them to look at the amp. They charge in the neighborhood of 150.00 per hour just to look at it. So I started with the obvious and changed all the tubes since they were all original. It played better but still "cuts in and out". Any advice on what to check next? Any advice and input would be appreciated.