pickups and tone on my U1 1415 silvertone

Robbie . whack visuals

May 13, 2017, 1:57:12 PM5/13/17
to Silvertone World Forum
Hey Silvertone World, just got an old Silvertone 1415 (what I think it is) and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding it with regards to the pickup.
Currently when I flick the switch I'm expecting something to happen to the sound of the guitar but nothing appears to change, same goes with the tone knob: I turn it and nothing happens.
Is this something that is fixable? what kind of changes would I hear if it was fixed? General advice on this old guitar?
Cheers!
IMG_3317.JPG

Randy Holmes

May 13, 2017, 2:00:09 PM5/13/17
to Silvertone World Forum
Robbie, that switch is a 'tone change' switch and involves a capacitor, as does the tone control. The caps probably need replacing.

Robbie . whack visuals

May 14, 2017, 1:00:05 PM5/14/17
to Silvertone World Forum
sweet thanks, I'll post sometime with updates