Help converting 4733 organ amp to guitar amp

Joel Rutledge

Feb 8, 2021, 4:55:24 PM2/8/21
to Silvertone World Forum
Hello!
I have a 4733 Silvertone amp out of a Thomas Organ (I have all of the various circuitry from within the organ), that I would like to convert to a guitar amp.  It sounded great before disassembly (if you like that cheesy organ tone), but parts of the wood were a little bad, and it went unwanted on local pages.  So, apart it went!

I have tracked down a schematic (I know, right?) but want to know if anyone can guide me through converting it.  I'm pretty sure the miscellaneous organ circuitry interacts with the amp in undesirable ways, so I want to remove unneeded circuits, but maybe keep part of any tremolo effects?  I probably will want a 2-knob tone stack added, plus I am wondering if I can just plug in directly to the current RCA input with a guitar?  I'll try testing that later today...

The amp doesn't appear to have but a few connections to the chassis, so I'm thinking I can add a 3 wire plug without concern, just attaching the ground wire to chassis.  Any other points of concern on this model?

Thanks for any help or ideas!
-Joel Rutledge, Wichita, Kansas