Action required: Status updates for blog post

Ingo Schommer

Aug 14, 2012, 5:40:17 AM8/14/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hello students (and mentors),

With the GSOC hard deadline approaching,
we want to ensure that your work receives the
visibility it deserves, and the best way to do this
is to blog about it on silverstripe.org/blog.

Students, can you please provide me a couple of sentences
describing your progress since the mid-terms, by the end of this week?
Mentors, keen for your input as well of course :)

You can take some inspiration from the previous status updates
but please try to put in new information rather than repeating the same old.

I've created a document for this purpose, please edit and comment in there:

Your update should include links to blog posts or mailinglist updates
for further details. If you don't any recent ones (last 30 days), its high time to write them.
It also makes sense to provide an outlook/roadmap, to inspire
others to check out the project and help out where they can.
And if you have something nice and visual to show,
a screenshot would be awesome.

Remember, the goal is to get the community excited about your codebase,
so they use it in their own work enough to have an interest to contribute back.

Thanks!
Ingo

Michał Ochman

Aug 19, 2012, 6:41:07 AM8/19/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ingo,

I have written almost a whole page about the progress since mid-terms.
I couldn't make it shorter without missing some important stuff.
I hope that's not too much! :)

Best Regards,
Michał

Ingo Schommer

Aug 20, 2012, 5:31:57 AM8/20/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vikas and Jakob,

your status updates are still missing on the Google Doc,
can you please fill them in today so we can get a timely blog post out?

Everybody else, thanks for the detailed updates!

Ingo

vikas srivastava

Aug 20, 2012, 5:33:53 AM8/20/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
sorry ... Just going to write them .... I was fixing documents, wiki, blog-post before this .
--
Warm Regards
Vikas Srivastava  :)