Pencils down, final eval starts today

1 view

Ingo Schommer

Aug 20, 2012, 5:20:14 AM8/20/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hello SilverStripe GSOCers,

today marks the deadline for working on your projects within the scope of GSOC.
Technically, you still have 10 hours. And years afterwards as an open source contributor, of course! :)

Both you and your mentors will have until Friday 24th to submit the
final evaluations, which will open soon and are available to you
via google-melange.com. Its very important that you complete
those on time, so please don't leave it until the last minute.

Please note that both student evals won't be shared with their mentors,
and vice versa. So if you want to give feedback to each other,
you need to do this through separate channels (chat, email),
but you're welcome to copy the evaluation responses.
Google strongly encourages this direct (but private) feedback to each other,
as it is crucial to improving your skills, both technical and non-technical (details).

Thanks
Ingo

P.S.: Now is also the time to tag your repos, package up code and send the links to me (details).

Ryan Dao

Aug 20, 2012, 3:56:46 PM8/20/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ingo,

According to the Google instructions, we'll upload the code sample directly to Google Melange starting from Aug 24th. Do we need to send you the sample as well?

Best regards,

Ryan

Ingo Schommer

Aug 20, 2012, 5:08:17 PM8/20/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Ryan pointed out that Google wants you to link/upload your code
samples directly into google-melange.com yourself (details).
Overlooked that, thanks Ryan for pointing it out to me!