Fwd: [silverstripe-dev] Stay updated with GSOC through an aggregated feed

Ingo Schommer

Jun 11, 2012, 5:58:46 PM6/11/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Just in case you're not following the dev mailinglist (you should!),
here's an aggregated feed of all things GSOC.

As students you should all have a working knowledge of SilverStripe now,
specialized in areas that your fellow GSOCers might not be so proficient in.
Even if work by other's doesn't directly affect your project,
it's good team spirit to stay updated with the other GSOC blogs,
and help out where you can!

On that note, have you all joined our IRC channel? http://silverstripe.org/irc

Thanks!
Ingo

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ingo Schommer <in...@silverstripe.com>
Subject: [silverstripe-dev] Stay updated with GSOC through an aggregated feed
Date: 11 June 2012 11:55:18 PM GMT+02:00

Hey there,

There's so much happening around SilverStripe's Google Summer of Code,
it can be quite hard to keep tabs. The students are relying on peer review
(and encouragement!) from the community, so … you!

In order to make this process a bit easier, I've aggregated
a feed of all blog posts and commits from the different students:
Its a Google Reader bundle, but is universally useable through an OPML file as well:

We also encourage students to post to the mailinglist once they
reach a milestone (or need help), so please be welcoming to them here,
and make an extra effort to give them feedback.
Most of the projects are core stuff, so chances are high that their
work will affect you in the long term :)

All the best
Ingo