Upgrade Authenticator and all that is tied in to it

Simon Erkelens

Apr 22, 2017, 5:48:21 AM4/22/17
to SilverStripe Core Development
https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/6829

Today at hackfest, me and Sam have been working on improving the Authenticator. After the initial work from Sam, I've added the option for multiple login forms and integrate that seamlessly, without having to hack into Security.

The goal is to clean up the current Authenticator methods and provide a flexible API that is easily extendable and easy to use.

Any feedback on the pull request is helpful and you are free to check out the code changes.

Keep in mind that it changes a lot over the development cycle and may also be a bit clunky sometimes.

Big props to Sam for getting the initial work on this refactored. And to Marika (my cat), for locking me out of my own laptop twice in one evening.