This group is closed, please use forum.silverstripe.org

Ingo Schommer

May 8, 2018, 4:26:22 PM5/8/18
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hello!

Back in Jan 2018, I've asked on this group if people would be interested in a different way to share knowledge and discuss all things SilverStripe: A community-maintained forum.
This has been a common feedback point in our community survey as well. The silverstripe-dev Google Group has served us well over the years, but we've outgrown it's capabilities:
Every message and response goes through this one channel, and often lands in hundreds of email inboxes.
The user interface makes it hard to subscribe to individual topics or threads only.
We also mix deeper "core development" topics with more highlevel or detail community questions in one channel.

In February 2018, we've announced the launch of forum.silverstripe.org. Nearly 200 community members have already signed up.
The core committers team believes it's a much better replacement for the types of communications happening on this Google Group.
As of today, the silverstripe-dev Google Group will be marked as readonly, and not accept new posts.
If you have any feedback on this move, please start a discussion in the "meta" category.

Thanks!
Ingo