SilverStripe 2.4.0-alpha1

Ingo Schommer

Nov 10, 2009, 7:16:24 PM11/10/09
to SilverStripe Release Announcements
We have a new alpha release of SilverStripe available: 2.4.0-alpha1

We'd appreciate everyone's help testing it, so that we can make a beta/
stable release as soon as possible.

Download here: http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/downloads/SilverStripe-v2.4.0-alpha1.tar.gz
Post bug reports here: http://open.silverstripe.com
Changelog: http://open.silverstripe.org/wiki/ChangeLog/2.4.0

Thanks,
Ingo Schommer

Sigurd Magnusson

Nov 12, 2009, 6:08:24 AM11/12/09
to SilverStripe Release Announcements
People have been asking at a high level what is most interesting about
v2.4 alpha. While we complete our documentation to coincide with the
2.4 stable release, here are 5 key items:

- Hierarchical URLs. You can optionally enable urls like
http://website.com/offices/new-york/staff/john-smith/ instead of
http://website.com/new-york-staff-john-smith/
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 support, whereas earlier versions only
permitted MySQL. Provided via addon: http://www.silverstripe.org/microsoft-sql-server-database-module/
- Alpha Postgres SQL server support. Provided via addon:
http://silverstripe.org/postgresql-module/
- Performance improvements and memory use reductions
- Role-based security

We thank anyone who helps use test and stabilise this release.

If you've been following this discussion group, you will have also
noticed we released a workflow module earlier this month, which also
depends on v2.4 functionality. See http://www.silverstripe.org/cms-workflow-module/
(The workflow module download contains extensive documentation
inside.)

Cheers,
Sigurd Magnusson.