Your chance in the movies!

Carla Aitken

May 14, 2022, 7:35:34 PM5/14/22
to Silver Spokes
Good evening,
I'm sure most of you are plopped in front of your TVs and ready to cheer on the Maple Leafs.  Go Leafs Go!
Slight diversion...
If you've ever wanted to be in the movies, this is your chance.
Cam Matthews is ready and willing to help us market our Club and create some digital content.  To this end, we are inviting you to a "photo shoot" on Saturday, June 4th.
The goal is to capture our Club enjoying each other's company as well as the beautiful roads and scenery found on the lakeshore.
For a sense of what he'll be filming, check out the Cervelo video below; in particular, look at the opening sequence of shots (just under the 1 minute mark.)  Don't focus on the competive, intense nature of the TEAM...but look at the opening shots of roads and views.
The focus of our messaging will be Friends, Fitness and Fun.
Details:
Meet in the lower parking lot of the Burning Kiln winery at 8:30 a.m.  Please wear your Club jersey (the latest version).  If you don't have one, please let me know and we'll try and find extras in your size.
Please understand that this will not be the typical Saturday Courtland ride.  We will likely be repeating hills and riding stretches of road (on repeat) until we get the desired shot.  There won't be lots of mileage on this day...but it's a small sacrifice for the chance to create something that can be shared on various social media platforms (plus sent to ALL your family lol!)
Post ride, we thought we would capture the sense of friendship, hanging out, chatting about the ride, etc...by going to Marshview Patio.  Please bring a t-shirt/ shorts to change into for the post-ride filming.
That's it for now.  I'm sure I'll send other updates as they come.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!