Lots going on!

Carla Aitken

May 2, 2022, 7:49:25 PM5/2/22
to Silver Spokes
Hello,
Lots of emails = lots of projects and lots of great news to share!
Here are a few more reminders and a couple of dates to mark in the calendar.
Hope to see all of you soon on the road (or trail lol).

1.      Promotional Video: Cam Matthews has agreed to film a 60 second promotional video for the Silver Spokes.  This video could be displayed on our website, shared through social media, played at Norfolk County events, and housed on Youtube.  It’s a great opportunity for our Club and we’re thankful for Cam’s willingness to offer his expertise and services.

A promotional video needs to have a large impact in a short amount of time…and the best way to do this is to have a message that is clear and focused.  If you have any ideas or suggestions of what this video should capture or represent about our Club, I want to hear from you.  What is the message that you would want this video to convey about our Club?

2.      Bike Maintenance Workshop: Don’t forget that we have organized a Bike Maintenance Workshop at Charlotteville Brewery on Saturday, May 14th at 2 p.m.  Scot Brockbank will be the mechanic who will be sharing tips for basic bike maintenance, essential products and a pre-ride checklist.  Please feel free to share information about this free event with friends, family, neighbours, etc.

I hope to see some of our members there to either participate or to assist (if needed).

 3.      $$$ I always seem to leave this one for last.  Thank you to those who responded re: helping at this year’s Norfolk County Fair on Tuesday, October 4th.  As I said, it is a great fundraising activity for the Club and the $800 - $1000 could go towards some worthwhile projects.  If you are able to take a 6 hour shift (or even something shorter) and help direct traffic and park cars, please let me know.

Thanks again everyone.  Have a great night!
Carla