How to install SILK workbench?

shamimu...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2015, 3:09:11 PM7/2/15
to silk-di...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded latest version (2.6.1) of SILK WorkBench.  I want to install it in both Mac and Windows Machine. Project README file is saying that "The bin-folder contains scripts for running the Silk Workbench on Windows, Linux and iOS."  I have tried to run silk-workbench.bat file. However it is giving me following errors.

Mac:
------
./silk-workbench.bat: line 1: @REM: command not found
: command not foundt: line 2: @REM
./silk-workbench.bat: line 3: @REM: command not found
./silk-workbench.bat: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./silk-workbench.bat: line 4: `@REM JAVA_HOME - location of a JDK home dir (opti'nal if java on path)

Windows:
------------
The input line is too long.
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Please let me know how to install SILK workbench.

shamimu...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2015, 3:14:47 PM7/3/15
to silk-di...@googlegroups.com, shamimu...@gmail.com
I am not familiar with use of sbt. I just want to use the SILK application. Can anyone help me?

Baroudi Malek

Aug 14, 2015, 4:06:33 AM8/14/15
to Silk, shamimu...@gmail.com
Hello,
you can do sudo sh sbt (you shoulld have sbt installed in your machine)
after: sudo sh sbt "projetc workbench" run
go to localhost:9000
if not try to rebuild with sh sbt

@+

mit...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2016, 6:44:01 PM10/25/16
to Silk, shamimu...@gmail.com
Hi,

How was this issue resolved?
I just downloaded latest release of Silk Workbench and tried running batch file from bin folder on my Windows machine. I am getting exactly same error as you mentioned.

Thanks for the help

Nilay

Reihaneh Amini

Jan 1, 2017, 2:36:16 PM1/1/17
to Silk, shamimu...@gmail.com
Problem will be solved if you use a shorter path for your batch file. It shouldn't be too nested folders.