Atlassian Technology Hub

Geoff Langdale

Jun 25, 2020, 6:28:33 PM6/25/20
to Silicon Beach Australia
https://www.zdnet.com/article/atlassian-announces-hq-site-at-new-sydney-tech-hub/

Not bad, I guess. What's the over/under on the extra space eventually getting hoovered up by, just fr'instance, a large bank and a TV station though? I mean don't we keep trying this in Sydney and giving up?

If you're going to do this anywhere, near Central Station isn't terrible. It's just hard to imagine the various levels of government not getting ADD and deciding that the only thing better than an Australian Startup Hub is 15 Australian Startup Hubs, each near some noisy pre-existing stakeholder.

Like the way NICTA was an attempt to build some amazing new center of research but no academic involved needed to do more than cross the street to their nice shiny new building across the road from their existing campus.

Geoff.