Bank of Woolies/Coles?

Dean Collins

Mar 1, 2021, 11:37:14 AM3/1/21
to Silicon Beach (silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com)

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

Will we ever see “a bank of Woolies/Coles” in Australia?

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net
+1-917-207-3420        New York

Craig Thomler

Mar 2, 2021, 6:57:07 PM3/2/21
to Silicon Beach Australia
They've toyed with that approach before & went into insurance & credit cards instead. Easier & more profitable.

Is this group still active?

Dean Collins

Mar 3, 2021, 8:31:58 AM3/3/21
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Depends…..if you post something and someone responds….then yes still active J

Surprising how startup traffic on companies here in USA have fallen off as well……when half of them were working from home already as well…..

drllau

Aug 3, 2021, 12:34:02 AM8/3/21
to Silicon Beach Australia
they already resell channel partners cards but the RegTech is pretty onerous to bring in-house. I recall an article where Greenspan blew a gasket when he found AIG was effectively running an unlicensed hedge fund within their mortgage division (during GFC) ... stick to your retail knitting and let banks worry about the bully-boy debt collection process.