Can I make parallel text end a page inside a paragraph?

Clinton Blackmore

Dec 29, 2020, 10:48:03 AM12/29/20
to SILE Users
Hello,

I'm trying to typeset a parallel text version of a book of scriptures. I'm noticing that the pages always break right after a verse, leaving lots of whitespace on the bottom of a page. While output like that is a nice option, with a document running for dozens of pages, I'd really like the text to go right to the bottom of a page, even if it meant flipping back and forth between pages to read a full verse in both languages.

I played with `typesetter.orphanpenalty` and `typesetter.widowpenalty`, but it didn't help. I suspect the parallel package is coded to make sure the matching parts go on the same page.

Is there any way to change this so it'll allow a page break in the middle of a verse?

Cheers,
Clinton Blackmore