Does "sigstore" begin with an UPPERCASE or LOWERCASE letter?

David A. Wheeler

Sep 10, 2023, 7:41:02 PM9/10/23
to Bob Callaway, Luke Hinds Hinds, sigsto...@googlegroups.com, Priya Wadhwa, Omkhar Arasaratnam
Hi - I have a "deep technical question" :-).

Does "sigstore" begin with an UPPERCASE or LOWERCASE letter? It seems inconsistent.
* The website homepage text <https://www.sigstore.dev/> seems to always use initial lowercase, even at the beginning of sentences. E.g., "sigstore is a set of tools...".
* HOWEVER, the website title metadata uses initial uppercase, and the docs use initial uppercase "S" here: <https://docs.sigstore.dev/>.

In English a name is usually initial uppercase. If you insist on initial lowercase that's fine, I can do that, but I need a clear statement somewhere that lowercase is intentional (and hopefully people will make it consistent). I wasn't sure who to send this question to, so please feel free to route this somewhere. But I'd really like to have an answer ASAP, or I have a 50% chance of being wrong in blog posts :-).

Thanks!!

--- David A. Wheeler