Send NMEA 0183 message to SignalK through node-red

Philippe Kernévez

Jul 4, 2018, 5:29:21 PM7/4/18
to Signal K
Hi,

I'm using signalk through node-red on an open-plotter installation (on a PI).
There are example for incoming message like USB-GPS sending position message to node red.

I'm implementing a Man Over Board detection based on BlueTooth LE devices (not yet publish as it's only a draft at the moment).
I have a python script that look for BLE devices, then my node-red flow detects a missing BLE device and in this case switch on a buzzer and show the position of the boat at the moment of the vanishing.

The idea is to receive the message in OpenCpn to have information to rescue the MOB.

It seems that the MOB message isn't supported ( https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-parser-nmea0183 ) event I doesn't look for a parser but a serialiser.

Do your have a pointer on how to send a NMEA 0183 message from node-red, then have the right serialisation mechanism to send the NMEA message ?

Regards,
Philippe

MOB Format :

Scott Bender

Jul 4, 2018, 7:39:43 PM7/4/18
to Signal K

Probably the right way to do this is to send a Signal K MOB notification and then update to signalk-to-nmea0183 plugin to send a message when a notification is received.

You should also take a look at my new node-red plugin for node server: https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-node-red. It has the ability to send 0183 messages. You would have to write a function to format the message yourself.

-=Scott

Jean Vasic

Jul 1, 2022, 12:09:32 PM7/1/22
to Signal K
Hello Philippe, did you resolve the problem ? I am at very same stage …