Derived Data, check-sums and iKommunicate

Chris Collin

Jul 18, 2022, 4:06:02 AM7/18/22
to Signal K
I have an rpi4 running signalk and derived data plugin.  Running sample data everything works ok.
On the boat I have an ikommunicate and a Autonnic A5120 wind sensor. I had problems with data being recieved from the wind sensor to the iKommunicate. Digital Yacht told me that the Autonnic wind sensor does not send a checksum, and to disable the checksum requirement within the iKommunicate. (This worked) They informed me it could cause some issues elsewhere.
Does the derived data plugin require a checksum to be sent with the wind data.  Any suggestions.  Chris

Teppo Kurki

Jul 18, 2022, 8:17:21 AM7/18/22
to sig...@googlegroups.com
No. Derived data works on signalk k data and does not care where the data is coming from, as long as it is converted to signal k. Sk server nmea0183 connections can be configured to ignore checksums.