Re: Battery monitor plugin, JBD BMS, for multiple batteries

Bradford Harley

Jan 3, 2024, 8:15:47 PMJan 3
to Robin Szemeti
Interesting.   I have 3 of the overkill batteries.   I tried the plugin, installed bleak etc. and it doesn't see my batteries.   Bluetooth can connect fine and bluetooth can see other LE devices like the Ruuvi.   I've also gotten the overkill/jbd plugin to work.   Did you use the built in Pi bluetooth or a dongle?   Let me know if you want me to engage via github.
Brad Harley

On Mon, Jan 1, 2024, at 2:42 PM, 'Robin Szemeti' via Signal K wrote:
Having had "some issues" trying to get SignalK to succesfully connect to the my JBD BMS equipped LiFePO4 batteries over BLE, I finally gave in and wrote my own plugin.

If you run SignalK, just search for "jbd-plugin" in the appstore. Unlike the "overkill/jbd" plugin and the others, this plugin can support multiple batteries simultaeneously, only tested with 2, but any reasonable number should be fine, as the data provider back end runs each battery monitor in its own process.

Tested on Rapsberry Pi and Windows (although I admit it is unlikely anyone will ever run SignalK on Windows) Just search for "jbd-plugin" in the SignalK appstore.

 Note it requires you install "bleak" for Python ... "pip install python" on the command line ...