Signal K for Dummies

Matthew Cooper

Feb 17, 2024, 8:56:24 PMFeb 17
to Signal K
I have been looking into how Signal K could be used in a practical way on my boat. It really is an exciting future and having worked in the past for marine companies using NMEA data this is a breath of fresh air. Apart from one thing...
It seems to me that its future will be limited by the ability for a potential user to configure it and get it working. We are not all super users/programmers with the ability to configure these complex programs.
Could anyone advise if there is a simple setup guide - for the technically limited user on getting Signal K to work. I have spent many hours just trying to work out how things work, and regret have failed to get anything working that would be of some use. Which is a pity because I am becoming so frustrated that the idea might fizzle away to nothing.
I would really appreciate any advice that anyone might have on how my plans to use Signal K might be realised.
Many thanks
Matt

Teppo Kurki

Feb 18, 2024, 1:22:02 AMFeb 18