Installing signal k question

Dan Bar Dov

Jul 10, 2022, 9:43:37 AM7/10/22
to Signal K
My first steps with signal K.

I am following the installation instructions at

Installing node - first command fails:

node install.png

What should I do?

Thanks,
Dan

vg....@gmx.de

Jul 10, 2022, 2:04:23 PM7/10/22
to Signal K

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. You really have to install this "unofficial" version. It will work. Here are my notes:

wget https://unofficial-builds.nodejs.org/download/release/v17.7.2/node-v17.7.2-linux-armv6l.tar.xz

tar -xf node-v17.7.2-linux-armv6l.tar.xz

sudo mv node-v17.7.2-linux-armv6l /usr/local/node

cd /usr/bin

(Rename old node first)

sudo ln -s /usr/local/node/bin/node node

check:  node --version   —> v17.7.2

Regards

Volker

Brian Scally

Jul 10, 2022, 4:49:17 PM7/10/22
to Signal K
What hardware are you using?

This may be a misrecognition or genuine problem.
..
I had some fun getting it to run on a risc‐v machine and got similar errors.

Brian

Dan Bar Dov

Jul 12, 2022, 9:26:38 AM7/12/22
to Signal K
its an old raspberry pi.
I managed to install an older nodejs, had difficulties with npm, resolved those. Now to signal k

Thanks
Dan